Lake Forest Chiropractor, Dr Burdi, believes: "The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." --- Thomas Edison
*Move mouse over slide to stop and view details*
Hope everyone had a great Christmas Holiday with the family and are ready to be and stay healthy this new year.
Above are videos presented by Lake Forest Chiropractor, Dr Burdi, from his Lake Forest Chiropractic Office covering conditions he has
successfully treated. If you can not find one related to your condition, go to the "Testimonials" or "Unique Conditions" website pages listed in heading at
the top of this page, or call Dr Burdi to discuss it. Everybody's goal should be to find out the source of a problem and get it treated before becoming
serious enough to require drugs or even surgery, both of which have bad side effects. So enjoy the information and also visit the "References" website
page to see what other people say about this over-38-year-experenced Lake Forest Chiropractor.
Next are videos about our current health crisis affecting allergies, Alzheimer's disease, Aspartame, Autism, Obesity, Parkinson's, farming crisis, and infant formulas. Included is a funny Rat's Tale to bring back some humor after finding out how much GMOs are affecting our health. Important note is that our children are GREATLY affected, not just adults. Normally reading the food labels would help, but unfortunately Californians have not awakened yet, like other states and countries, to labeling our foods when they have been generically modified. Since every family will be affected, suggest bringing in your entire family for a consultation. They will benefit from it. We look forward to helping all of you soon!
Campbell Soup Will Disclose GMO Ingredients - "Finally a big producer is breaking from their rivals and will start labeling foods that contain GMOs. They cite a Consumer Reports' survey showing consumers want this. About 75 percent of Campbell’s products—in addition to its namesake soups, Campbell also makes brands like Pepperidge Farm, Bolthouse Farms, Arnott’s, V8, Swanson, Pace, Prego, among others, use ingredients made from corn, canola, sugar beets, or soybeans. Almost all of the farmers producing those crops in the U.S. use GMO seed.
- Recent Testimonial - Back Pain Of A Software Expert - "Learning the hard way... Back aches were not uncommon for me. Heck, there were moments when they became downright debilitating. But with Dr Burdi’s therapy and exercise regiment, back pain can be a thing of the past. One particular exercise Dr. Burdi recommended was crossing one leg (and later the other) and bending down to touch the tip of your toes. It was suggested that I do this three times a day, or if I had serious back problems, do it at least an hour a day. I began doing them and I could actually feel the muscles in my lower back (as well as my legs), getting a much needed workout. I had been doing these stretches for months and my back actually felt great! I had forgotten that it use to hurt back there! After happily getting just Wellness Care for years, one day I had to drive a friend over to the airport. In helping him with his luggage, I volunteered to carry his heavy golf bag (I did not realize golfers had to be strong, LOL!). Unfortunately, the weight of the bag eventually triggered back pain that I had not experienced for a long, long time. The ache was such a great hindrance that it was hard to concentrate on work or other activities. Yes, I took some painkillers and that did help alleviate the agony, but only for a short time. So then, I decided to get checked by Dr. Burdi. After getting re-aligned he insisted that I do my stretches every hour for the next several days. Lo and behold, the pain was completely gone! It was a miracle! Well, not really, but the results were something I had not expected to take affect so quickly! I advise anyone experiencing back pains, to do the stretches recommended by Dr Burdi for your condition. Your muscles get a good workout. It’s free (no need to go around buying painkillers) and the results will speak for themselves!" (Note: Here is another patient who is doing Wellness Care which limited his flare-up to a few extra visits, short time of pain, and slowed deterioration. - DrB)
- FDA Requiring Warning On NSAIDs - If you take anti-inflammatory drugs, soon there will be a warning on these non-aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory NSAIDS, Aleve, Celebrex, Advil, Daypro, and Naprosyn. Warning will be "The risk of heart attack or stroke can occur as early as the first weeks of using such. Risk increases the longer one uses NSAIDs or at higher doses.
- Maui's GMO Ban Reversed - Associated Press reported in July '2015 Federal District Court Chief Judge Mollway ruled that Maui Count ban on the cultivation of GM crops is preempted by federal and state law and invalid. Judge stressed that her ruling addresses only the legal question of county authority. Voters had approved a ballot initiative last November imposing a moratorium on growing of genetically engineered crops until scientific studies are conducted on their safety and benefits. (Seems like Big Money is winning. We have to be united and try harder. DrB)
- French Farmer Wins Pesticide Injuries - In May '2013 it was reported that a 47-year-old farmer sued Monsanto after inhaling in 2004 the Lasso product while cleaning his sprayer tank equipment, causing lasting symptoms that prevented him from working. Labeling was inadequate in giving warnings about the dangers of exposure so Monsanto was negligent. This is the first time at a pesticide maker was found guilty of such poisoning. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says exposure to alachlor can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, spleen, and eyes, and may lead to anemia and even cancer. France had banned in 2006 Lasso from further use, but this chemical is still being used on conventional crops through out the US to this day. (Sometimes we really are behind the times. DrB)
- Maine Launches Bill To Label GMOs - Maine lawmakers at a press conference in the State House to announce the introduction of a bill to require mandatory labeling of GMOs now—not later. The bill, LD 991, has strong bipartisan support in the Maine state legislature. (Unfortunately this effor has become mute since a new federal law was passed overriding state law which gave very little law to labeling. DrB)
- Rhode Island Proposed GMOs Labeling Law - Legislation was introduced January 15 requiring genetically engineered products in Rhode Island to be clearly labeled “produced with genetic engineering,” and would also specify what the term “genetically engineered product” meant in the state. Rep Raymond Hull, D-Providence and Rep Dennis Canario, D-Portsmouth, Little Compton, Tiverton separately introduced legislation on genetically modified organisms and would likely collaborate. Similar bills have been passed in Maine and Connecticut but will not take effect until comparable legislation is passed in other states, according to a General Assembly press release. For the bill proposed in Maine to take effect, five nearby states must pass similar legislation, while Connecticut’s law is contingent on the passage of GMOs bills in enough northeastern states so that their combined populations include 20 million residents, according to the press release. For more details go to: Cornucopia Institute Media/News.
- Oregon Lost GMOs Fight! - Big money does it again. The vote tally was close. We can't give up and let the big companies win. It will be disastrous to our health.
- Vermont Steps On GMOs! - Vermont Gov Peter Shumlin signed into law a bill that requires labeling of foods that contain
genetically modified ingredients. Not to concede defeat, on May 9 the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), 300+ members including Monsanto, Dow,
Coca-Cola, General Mills, etc, confirmed that it will sue Vermont in federal court to overturn the labeling bill. Also they are pushing a federal bill in
Congress that would preempt all states from passing GMO labeling laws. Wow! Either we roll over or band together in every state to defeat the GMA’s full-on
assault. The consumer has a right to know what is in our food, right? If the courts or the people don't stop GMA's
assault, imagine all natural seeds in the
world replaced with ones containing Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)! This will lead to all foods consumed being GM type. Diseases/illnesses, like
allergies, autism, birth defects, infertility, digestive problems/leaks, inflammation, cancer, etc., will end up IN EVERY HOME, leading to a sicker nation!
Slight progress has been made in the courts. A lone Canadian farmer was sued by Monsanto and ordered to pay $400,000 for having GM crops, even though unwillingly. He countersued for libel, trespassing, improper sampling, environmental disregard, and contamination of his crop. Case eventually went before the Federal Court of Canada (Supreme Court) and HE WON after 6 years of battle. Settlement was for Monsanto to pay for cleanup, no gag-order imposed, and ability for suit if re-contaminated. (HOORAY!) Plus a judge in Brazil ruled that the royalty tax on GM seeds (Farmers pay each year rather than be able to save seeds each year as natural farmers do.) are illegal since it is impossible to keep GM seeds from contaminating non-GMO fields, and ordered Monsanto to stop collecting this tax. Decision was appealed but Supreme Court dismissed it. This follows a French court finding Monsanto guilty of chemical poisoning when a French farmer suffered neurological problems after exposure to their Lasso weed killer. Earlier a French court found Monsanto of falsely advertising the claim that its Roundup herbicide as "biodegradable" and "environmentally friendly", and claiming it "left the soil clean".
- CA Chiropractic Association included on their website some very interesting testimonial/health videos. Another good site is the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress. These sites provide useful and valuable chiropractic information, answer questions, subscribe to a eNewsletter, and a search for a doctor with high ethics using your zip code. Suggest just looking at it. It will be for your own benefit.
- Chiropractic Doctors - Orange County Chiropractic District (OCCD) offers Continuing Education meetings where members get a FREE meal and non-members pay a small fee to cover expenses. For more info, go to the OCCD website.
- The CA Legislature Continues - Presenting bills that affect chiropractic doctors or patients. Suggest reviewing periodically what is happening in government by the going to CCA's doctor website for the latest news.
- Everyone, please continue to write to your congressperson regarding the benefits of chiropractic for recovering from and maintaining health as well as from work/personal injuries. With the escalating cost of sickness care, real people sharing their stories can help change our sick world to a healthier, happier, and less expensive one!
LATEST HEALTH NEWS
- Soy/Soy-Formulas Linked To Allergies, Brain Damage, Infertility, Uterine Fibroids, and MUCH MORE! - Many of you have asked about using Soy or feeding your baby a soy formula. In reality, unfermented soy is falsely regarded as a health food in the United States based on a brilliant marketing strategy. READ MORE LINK...
- Drugs Linked To Violence and Internal Harm - Many popular drugs have been shown to increase violence and cause more internal harm than good! READ MORE LINK...
- Disability, Cost, & Acuteness Lowered With Chiropractic Care - A study published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine / American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2011 Apr;53(4):396-404 by Dr Cifuentes MD, Ms Willetts, and Dr Wasiak compared occurrence of repeated disability episodes across types of health care providers who treat claimants with new episodes of work-related low back pain (LBP). READ MORE LINK...
- Glucose -> Fructose -> HFCS - Be Informed - Which is better, glucose, fructose, or HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup)? READ MORE LINK...
- Directory - For many other health related topics discussed, go to... READ MORE LINK...
ANATOMY OF PAIN
The dictionary defines pain: "a sensation of hurting … in some part of the body, caused by an injury, disease or functional disorder, and transmitted through the nervous system." When we ignore dysfunction, pain, and/or discomfort — whatever the source — it interferes with our life. Unfortunately when pain happens the degeneration has started which causes the aging process to speed up before our time. To best review your own situation, check off the conditions/symptoms listed below that you have experienced and/or ignored (Probably due to being too busy to care for yourself, right?)
- ( ) Arthritis
- ( ) Auto/Sport/Work Injuries
- ( ) Breathing Limitation/Pain
- ( ) Chronic Fatigue
- ( ) Headaches
- ( ) Hip Dysfunction
- ( ) Imbalance/Dizziness
- ( ) Muscle Ache/Spasm
- ( ) Neck/Back Ache
- ( ) Nerve Pinch
- ( ) Numbness
- ( ) Poor Posture
- ( ) Shoulder Limitations
- ( ) Tendonitis
The sooner conditions are examined and treated, the sooner one can get back to a normal and healthier life. CALL 949-770-6922 TODAY to find out how we can help YOU.
FUNCTION vs. NO PAIN
Feeling no pain is important. However, this is only the first step to health. Proper body functions is even more
important. Research has shown there is a link between spinal deterioration, from years of nerve interfering joint
misalignments (subluxations), and organ disease (more information is in my
Health Newsletter 0912). To have good health subluxations need to
be corrected and prevented. Starting later in life rather than now leads to waking up one day with a disease that could
have been prevented. This higher level of health can be obtained/maintained through a series of joint re-alignment training
treatments which correct structural abnormalities and remove nerve interferences (subluxations). Prevention should be the
goal of everyone. Maintaining proper body alignment and balance along with good nutrition, exercise, and mental well being
are really the keys to good health.
Having a chiropractic examination determines if and how we can help you. If your case is accepted, a plan of chiropractic adjustments, exercises and nutritional changes aimed to help your body relieve the discomfort and regain optimum health would be reviewed with you. If your condition can not be helped, you would be referred to another specialist where more drastic measures need to be taken.
What importance you give your own and family's health is up to you! We are here to help you resolve sport/work/auto injuries causing acute pain and/or dysfunction, or obtain and sustain wellness. We take pride in helping you and families be healthier and happier.
You are invited to discuss with us your particular health concerns. CALL US AT 949-770-6922 NOW!